2014 goals review
Gee, look at that! I missed a year… how did that happen? Oh yes, I changed companies and career, I guess that made me pretty busy 🙂
1. Spend less time reading news, blogs, forum posts.
Yeah, not so much. I’m a bit more aware of the time wastage, but I still do it. I wasted like a weekend on some really dumb Youtube comedy star that turned out to be a psycopath. I won’t say who, I really don’t want them to get more views.
2. Consider a career in QA – apply for a few jobs, read a few books, see how it goes.
Yup, did it. Best decision ever!
3. Get up earlier on the weekends, at least 7AM.
Nope, nope, nope. On average I now sleep until 10 on the weekend… I blame it on the depression >.> (I suspect I’m just lazy and my bed is too warm and comfortable)
4. Read more non-fiction and fiction books, 1 fiction a month and 1 non-fiction every 2 weeks.
Am reading a bit more library books, could read more.
2016 goals review
1) Setup a regular exercise regime
2) Get off anti-depressants successfully – I’ve started and waiting for the withdrawal effects to wear off.
3) Get up at 9AM on the weekends (See – setting up more realistic goals, I’m learning!!)
4) Install a Chrome extension to remind me every x minutes, to check if I’m reading something worthy of my time. I’m sure there’s something like that out there. If not I’ll develop one 😛 I hate clickbait with a passion, but somehow always find myself on those stupid “X ways you know why bla bla bla blergh” articles.
5) Setup regular meditation – 15 minutes daily.
I only have around a quarter of a year to get this going, wish me luck!